Spring has sprung and now summer is on its way! Which for us girls out there, not only means packing away the boots & scarves and replacing them with tanks and sandals but it also means that it’s crunch time! Literally It’s national Get Bikini Ready season! Here are just a few ways I’ve been preparing for bathing suit season:
- Drink up! I try to drink 1/2 my weight in oz each day to ensure that I stay properly hydrated. I know a lot of us think that if you drink too much water, you will retain it and have extra water weight but that just isn’t true! In fact, in order to keep from retaining water you have to drink more of it. As long as your body has plenty of water, it will not retain it.
- Break out the SPF! This isn’t really a product I even have to purchase, since I get so many with my monthly beauty subscriptions but if you don’t have any lying around, be sure to add it to your shopping list so you can protect yourself from sun burn this summer.
- Excercise! Whether it’s biking, hiking, swimming or the gym that you’re into it’s time to work it. And if you’re having trouble getting motivated, just remember that in two months from now you will have wished that you started today!
- Show your feet some love! Now’s the time to pamper your feet. When you get out of the shower (after you’ve dried of course) slather your favorite lotion all over your feet, leaving a little extra lotion and then throw your socks on. This will keep your feet soft and smooth and guarantee you sandal ready feet this summer!
- Eat Right! Not only will this help you to look better but you will feel better too. I recently purchased 12 pint-sized mason jars which I use to store salad in. Take an empty jar and coat the bottom of the jar with whatever dressing you want and then add in your veggies. Top w/spinach or lettuce and refrigerate that bad boy! Quick and easy for when you just don’t have time to make something. I like to make about 6 at a time, using different dressing and different veggies/toppings. I find that if it’s there and ready, I will eat it!
- Keep Kiss-able Lips! Keep your lips hydrated they too can get sun-burned so remember to keep a moisturizing lip balm or chap stick with you at all times!
- Drink up! That’s right, I said it again. It’s so important to keep yourself hydrated and it has many benefits too. It helps you to maintain a healthy weight and clears up acne so do me a solid and try to carry a water bottle with you when you’re out and stay with a full cup of water next to you when at home.
That’s it my lovelies I really hope that you enjoyed reading this. I am by no means an expert in weight loss or nutrition, just sharing with you what I hope are some useful things to help you get Bikini ready this summer.